On March 1 2013, Tecnocarp attained ISO 3834-2 , guaranteeing the quality of fusion welding of metal materials, and ISO 15085:2008 certification; the latter the standard for the design and manufacture of rail vehicles for what concerns welding of metal components.
Quality and competence have always been our goal.
ISO 3834-2 CERTIFICATION
It is not easy to check on the quality of welding procedures. In fact, for welding activities, quality cannot be fully controlled on the product, but must be “built” in the product: that is where introduction of the ISO 3834 standard comes from. It defines the “Quality requirements for fusion welding of metal materials”. Standard ISO 3834 is a process standard dealing with, independent of the product in question, all activities connected to a certain production process. It is also a transversal standard, applicable to different articles and sectors.
Standard objectives are:
– Assure company competence and application of adequate control of the welding process and provide a way of proving the ability to manufacture specified quality products (based on voluntary and/or binding product standards);
– Guarantee clients that products manufactured conform with prescribed quality requirements;
– Define quality requirements for welding done in workshops and/or yards;
– Supply a base for assessing the welding capacity and skills of a manufacturer and personnel used;
– Check the method used to create and control articles produced by welding through heat with and without metal contribution;
– Assure that the article creation stage is feasible and in line with what the project establishes;
– Make sure components are produced guaranteeing both worker safety and that of end users;
– Use adequate techniques continuously assuring good product quality.
– based on Ministerial Decree 14/01/2008 published in the Official Gazette of 04/02/08, conforming to the standard is obligatory for civil engineering constructions and works;
– in an agreement between manufacturer and purchaser, the standard consents to a univocal definition of welding characteristics and makes specific guidelines available for controls/ qualification of welded product suppliers;
– for welded product suppliers it is a useful tool for defining and maintaining quality welding requirements;
– for technical committees it becomes a reference point when preparing structural codes or for other application standards;
– as part of European Directives (PED, CPD, Simple Rec. ), it constitutes “presumption of conformity”
ISO 15085:2008 CERTIFICATION
Standard UNI EN 15085:2008 is the reference standard for the design and manufacture of rail vehicles for what concerns the welding of metal welded parts.
EN 15085 applies to the welding process for rail vehicles and their parts.
Objectives and advantages
Applying a certified quality system based on EN 15085 allows you to:
– contribute to the safety and good operations of critical equipment on railway vehicles (braking system components, carriages, frames, tanks, etc.);
– assure good production of other details;
– assure that railway sector projects respond to the characteristics and levels set by standards and regulations in force;
– operate safely, for both those involved in the creation stage and for end users;
– create articles in correct, inexpensive times;
– use adequate techniques continuously assuring good product quality.